Monday, May 21, 2012

The Mills Running Gene


Not only is the Mills "running gene" manifesting itself like crazy lately, but it's also proving to be contagious - Sherri and I have caught it.  Last Saturday was the Ogden Marathon and the Mills rocked it.  Gretchen and Melissa ran like the wind.  We found the 4:30 pacer guy at the beginning of the race and decided to try and stay with him.  I gave up on keeping up with him literally 1 mile later, but Gretch and Mis not only kept up with him, but beat him.  There is just something about beating boys . . .
Joel was absolutely ridiculous.  He ran 3:25.  Dude.  I am so proud of him because at about mile 16 his body was begging him to slow down, but he dug deep and decided he was going to leave nothing on the course.  And he didn't.   I also love that he ran me into the home stretch across the finish line.  I was a little delirious, to the point that that I didn't see him running by me, but I am blown away that as tired as he was, he would support me like that.   I absolutely loved that race - loved the course and loved the people I ran it with.  The Mills do INDEED rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment